Getting involved in gymnastics couldn’t be easier. You don’t need any special equipment, just your body and a desire to learn. Gymnastics isn’t just one sport. It’s a whole range of different activities that are knows as " disciplines". Gymnastics has been around for over 2000 years but as an competitive sport it is still relatively new.
According to many experts Gymnastics is a sport that can improve overall fitness, strength, balance and body control and it requires no specialist equipment and is great for indoors. Benefits of Gymnastics include:
- Social interaction and discipline as it trains young adults in both teamwork and achievement.
- Improved mental focus and concentration.
- Education and an understanding of physics.
- Flexibility, balance and co-ordination
- Numerous health benefits
At West Midlands Sports Development we follow national governing body recommendations.
- We ensure Coaches are suitably qualified i.e. hold at least a UKCC Level 2 coaching award.
- All coaches should have attended a sports coach UK Safeguarding & Protecting Children course or an equivalent child protection course.
- All coaches and club personnel working directly with children are Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checked.
- All coaches are monitored of in their role to ensure they maintain the high standards of coaching practice.
- All coaches have a valid emergency or first aid qualification.
During planning for our courses our aim is to:
- Ensure a suitable coach to player ratio.
- Ensure additional adults are present whilst coaching sessions are undertaken.
- Ensure any volunteers that may support our resident coaches are aware of our strict coaching philosophy.
All our coaches are committed to the new 1st4Sport Level 3 Certificate Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport.
Leave a comment
- Chadsmoor | St Josephs