Football is not only the nations favourite sport and game but is where the game originated and where the rules were officially formulated. Its now estimated to be played by more than 250 million players in over 200 countries. It requires very little equipment so it can be played in the any open ground or park.
Football is a great all round sport that encourages even those with less athletic ability to get involved.
- It encourages a sense of fitness and an understanding for exercise at all levels.
- Cooperation and teamwork
- A sense of achievement as well as an understanding of winning and losing.
- Boosts self confidence
- Improved body eye coordination
- Improves posture.
- Enhances bone and muscle development
At West Midlands Sports Development we follow national governing body recommendations.
- We ensure Coaches are suitably qualified i.e. hold at least a UKCC Level 2 coaching award.
- All coaches should have attended a sports coach UK Safeguarding & Protecting Children course or an equivalent child protection course.
- All coaches and club personnel working directly with children are Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checked.
- All coaches are monitored of in their role to ensure they maintain the high standards of coaching practice.
- All coaches have a valid emergency or first aid qualification.
During planning for our courses our aim is to:
- Ensure a suitable coach to player ratio.
- Ensure additional adults are present whilst coaching sessions are undertaken.
- Ensure any volunteers that may support our resident coaches are aware of our strict coaching philosophy.
All our coaches are committed to the new 1st4Sport Level 3 Certificate Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport.
Leave a comment
- Chadsmoor | St Josephs